DevSecOps Engineer, Consultant
As a DevSecOps Engineer specializing in Azure Cloud, you will play a critical role in assessing our current IT infrastructure and driving the digital transformation efforts towards cloud migration, primarily on Microsoft Azure. As part of a Center of Excellence, your primary responsibility will be to establish best practices and standards for DevSecOps methodologies, ensuring a secure and seamless transition to the cloud environment. You will lead the implementation of DevSecOps best practices, specifically tailored for Azure, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure security is integrated throughout the software development lifecycle. You will also organize training and provide mentoring to help others get up to speed on DevSecOps best practices. A strong focus on cloud solutions and design will be essential to support the seamless integration of applications on Azure.
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate and analyze the existing IT infrastructure, identifying areas for improvement and security enhancement.
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and automated cloud-based solutions on Microsoft Azure to support application deployment and management.
- Lead the implementation of DevSecOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD), and automated security testing, tailored for the Azure cloud environment.
- Collaborate with software development teams to integrate security controls and best practices into the application development process.
- Implement monitoring, logging, and alerting systems to ensure the security and availability of cloud-based infrastructure.
- Manage the configuration and infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar, with a strong emphasis on security.
- Conduct security assessments, vulnerability testing, and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define and enforce security policies and access controls in the Azure environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation for security processes, procedures, and configuration management.
Your knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in DevSecOps field.
- Proven hands-on experience in cloud solutions and design for secure and compliant integration of applications on Microsoft Azure.
- Solid understanding of DevSecOps principles, CI/CD pipelines, and automation tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI, BitBucket, or Azure DevOps, with a focus on security integration and automated testing at all stages.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python) for automation tasks, with an emphasis on security-related automation.
- Experience in implementing and managing containerized applications using Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, with security considerations in mind.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (IaC) concepts and tools such as Terraform or Ansible, with a focus on security best practices.
- Proficiency in cloud security best practices and implementing them in an Azure environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot security-related issues.
- Preferred experience in leading digital transformation projects and cloud migration efforts with a strong focus on security.
- Understanding of and experience with AIOps concepts and tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or ELK stack, and platforms like OpsRamp or DynaTrace, would be strongly preferred
- Experience with performance optimization as applied to cloud infrastructure and cloud application architectures.
- Experience with a wide range of Azure products and services, in domains such as Analytics, Data Warehousing, Databases, DevOps and Cloud Management toolset, Security, Storage etc.
- DevOps certifications, such as Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer Expert. Certifications in cloud security, such as Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or equivalent.
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is: $ 118800.00 to $ 178200.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Blue Shield of California’s mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that genuinely serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our continued commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion upholds our values and advances our goal of creating a healthcare system that is worthy of our family and friends while addressing health disparities, promoting social justice, and integrating health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work, Military Friendly Employer, People Companies that Care, a Leading Disability Employer, and one of California’s top companies in volunteering and giving. Here at Blue Shield, we strive to make a positive change across our industry and communities – join us!
- Honest . We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we're going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short.
- Human . We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes.
- Courageous . We stand up for what we believe in and are committed to the hard work necessary to achieve our ambitious goals.
Our Workplace Model:
Blue Shield of California is dedicated to making work-life balance a reality. Whether you prefer to work in an office or from home, we understand flexibility is more important than ever. That’s why Blue Shield is a hybrid company, offering you the opportunity to decide where you can do your best and most meaningful work.
Two ways of working: Hybrid (our default) and office
- Hybrid – In a business unit approved office a few times per year to 3 days per week, on average
- Office – In a business unit approved office 4+ days a week, on average. If the role you’re applying for is deemed an “Essential Role,” the company has determined that the role can only be performed in a Blue Shield office or in the field and would require your to meet the office worker classification.
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Due to the current public health emergency in California, Blue Shield employees are almost all working remotely. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.