Healthcare Data Analyst II
Let’s do great things, together.
This is a hybrid position.
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
The Healthcare Data Analyst is a critical resource in our efforts to manage health care costs, improve quality, and enhance the experience of both the member and the care team, through sophisticated analysis and communication of health care data.
To apply, please use the link below:
- Medical, Dental, Pharmacy Life Disability
- 401K - Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO and paid holidays
- Under general supervision, performs complex research and analysis of healthcare claims, enrollment, and other related data, to report on network utilization, cost structure, and/or quality.
- Combines and transforms data from multiple tables, databases, and/or systems.
- Has a high level of understanding of data sources, flow, and limitations. Is able to develop reports and processes that appropriately integrate data from multiple sources.
- Evaluates, writes, presents, and provides recommendations regarding healthcare utilization, quality measure, and cost containment reports.
- Meets with internal customers to brainstorm what kind of information/report is needed for each situation.
- Thinks creatively about how to solve a problem or meet a specific business need, given the data available.
- Makes presentations to internal external stakeholders about health care cost and utilization.
- Presents data in a compelling way that highlights the opportunities at hand – whether in making comparisons to benchmarks, pointing out anomalies, displaying trends over time, or using other creative analytical tools.
- Collaborates with the other members of the Analytics team to expand analytical capabilities, methods, and toolkits.
- May provide guidance or expertise to less experienced analysts.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in financial analysis or other data analysis role. Experience with health care data preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence organization strategy, workflows, or results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with using data analysis tools such as SAS, SQL, Microsoft Access, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or other similar applications.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to project a professional image and maintain complete confidentiality.
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible. Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
For more information regarding accommodations please direct your questions to Kristy Nehler and Daniel McGinnis via firstname.lastname@example.org email.